Who is Kiefheim?
Kiefheim is the business name of Katja Heimann-Kiefer.
A curious mind with a will to learn, a love of straightforward language, thoroughness, experience, technical and cultural competence, a feel for language, an eye for detail and a penchant for perfection all come together in the high-quality work I deliver. In other words, your content is in good hands with me.
The “technical data”: my qualifications …
- 1994: University degree as technical translator, University of Hildesheim, Germany
Specialist subjects: Mechanical and electrical engineering
- 1993: Certificate for technical writing, University of Hildesheim, Germany
- 2005: Training Module 1 according to the guidelines of DGSV (German Society for Sterile Supply), certificate as Technical Sterilisation Assistant
- Continuing education, a selection:
Professional copywriting (Akademie der deutschen Medien), Transcreation (BDÜ), SEO (VFLL), Basics of Easy German (“Leichte Sprache”), Creative text-writing, “USP, Claim & Headline”, Environmental measurements, Home and building automation (BDÜ), Endoscopy (BDÜ)
… and lots of experience!
- 1994–1998: Lived and worked in Ireland
Employed by two major translation/localisation companies
Responsibilities: Translation, coordination of mono- and multilingual projects, management and quality assurance of work done by external translators, terminology work
- 1998–present: Self-employed as a translator in Germany
- 2003–2013: Creation and maintenance of software documentations (HTML format) for two products
- 2012–2018: Writing of German newsletter articles for a pump manufacturer
- Spring 2014: Teaching assignment at Hildesheim University for the translation of technical texts from English into German as part of the Master’s course “Language and Technology”
- BDÜ: German association of translators and interpreters, www.bdue.de
- VFLL: German association of freelance editors, www.vfll.de
- DGSV: German association for sterile processing, www.dgsv-ev.de