Kiefheim is the business name of Katja Heimann-Kiefer.
Thoroughness, experience, a feel for language, competence, a curious mind with a will to learn, a love of straightforward language, an eye for detail and a penchant for perfection all come together in the high-quality work that I deliver. That means your content is in good hands with me.
Here are the “hard facts” of what I have done so far:
- 1994: University degree as technical translator, University of Hildesheim, Germany
- 1993: Certificate for technical writing, University of Hildesheim, Germany
- 2005: Training Module 1 according to DGSV guidelines, certificate as Technical Sterilisation Assistant
- 1994 – 1998: Lived and worked in Ireland
Employment with two major translation/localisation companies
Responsibilities: Translation, coordination of mono- and multilingual projects, management and quality assurance of work done by external translators, terminology work
- 1998 – present: Self-employed as a translator in Germany
- 2003 – 2013: Creation and maintenance of software documentation (HTML format) for two products
- 2012 – present: Writing of German newsletter articles for a pump manufacturer
- Spring 2014: Teaching assignment at Hildesheim University for the translation of technical texts from English into German as part of the Master’s course “Language and Technology”